Sunday, October 15 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thompson Park, Lincroft
Free Admission • Free Parking
Canoeing at Marlu Lake (weather permitting)
Apple Cider Demo
Dash for Cash
Pottery Demonstrations at the Creative Arts Center & Studio Store
Golfzilla (weather permitting)
Pie Eating Contest (1 p.m. Kids, 1:15 p.m. Adults – Registration at Kids Race Area)
Activities that required two tickets or a wristband are:
Tickets only will be accepted for these activities:
Tickets or wristband must be purchased at the ticket booths.
The cost is $1 per ticket; $10 per wristband.
Strut Your Mutt Doggie Costume Contest
Dress up your four-legged pal as something fun, silly or scary! The whole family can dress up together! Contest is held at 12 p.m. & 3 p.m. Prizes awarded for funniest, scariest, prettiest, most original and best canine/human combo.
Pre-registration costs $10 and is available until October 6.
Day of event registration costs $15.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Monmouth County Parks. Download an application. Learn about becoming a sponsor. For additional information, call 732-975-9735.
We'll provide the framework and stuffing; you supply the face, outer covering (clothes, etc.) and imagination. Prizes will be awarded and the scarecrow is yours to take home.
The cost is $10 to pre-register or five tickets at event. For event-day registration, frames are first-come, first-served basis. Pre-registration is available online. Call 732-224-1367, for more information.
Pie Eating Contest
- 1 p.m. - Kids
- 1:15 p.m. - Adults
- Registration at Kids Race Area
11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. - History of Balloons with Nick the Baloonatic
1:15 p.m. -2 p.m. - Aesop’s Fables - a Puppet Adventure
2:45 p.m.-3:30 p.m. - Doc Rocko Shocko Spooktacular Magic Show
4:15 p.m.-5 p.m. - Hilarious Halloween Hijinx with Brenn & Doug
11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. - Freaky Frankie and his Monster Baloonz
1-4 p.m. - Nick the Baloonatic
1-5 p.m. - Zombie Stiltwalker
For additional information:
- Strut Your Mutt - 732- 975-9735
- Scarecrow Contest - 732-224-1367
- Pie Eating Contest - 732-542-1642, ext. 26
- Food Vendors - 732-842-4000, ext. 4383
- General Event Information - 732-842-4000, ext. 4312
Food Vendor Application for Thompson Park Day
Children's "Make & Take" Activity Vendor Application for Thompson Park Day
- Garden State Parkway to exit 109. Southbound, turn right onto Rt. 520 West (Newman Springs Rd.); Northbound, turn left onto Rt. 520 West 2.2 miles to Park (past M.T. Thompson park and Brookdale College entrance ) on left.
- State Hwy. 34 to Rt. 520 east. Southbound, turn left; northbound, turn right. Follow Rt. 520 east to Park entrance.