Thanks for a Great Harvest Home Festival!
See you at Thompson Park Day!
Sunday, September 27 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Historic Longstreet Farm, Longstreet Road, Holmdel
An old-fashioned country fair reminiscent of the 1890s. It takes visitors back in time when neighbors gathered to accomplish work, harvest, and spend time socializing and enjoying each others company. It calls not only for the exhibition of the best products that have been grown and the best needlework that has been done in the community, but also for games, athletic contests and similar features of recreational or educational value. Experience old-fashioned fun as it was a century ago with wagon rides, games and live entertainment. See craft demonstrations that will inspire you to start a new hobby or career.
Download our Schedule of Events
The schedule for the Harvest Home Festival is as follows:
- “Wahoo” Medicine Show and “Phydeauz” Flea Circus
- Jugtown Mountain Band
- Music Man Rich Marzec
- Banjo Music
- Chorus of the Atlantic: 1-1:45 p.m. & 2:15-3 p.m.
- Rug Hooking
- Penny Rugs
- Cider Making: 12-4 p.m.
- Plowing: 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Threshing: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. & 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Corn Husking Competition: 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. & 4 p.m.
- Ages 8 and under: 1 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- Ages 9-14: 2 p.m. & 3 p.m.
- Adults: 1:30 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
Big Pumpkin Weight Announced: 4:30 p.m.
A hooked rug will be raffled off by the Friends of the Parks. Learn more. The winner will be announced at 4:30 p.m.
Area residents can join in the spirit of the festival by entering into one of many competitions and winning a prize ribbon. Competition categories include baked goods, needlework and homegrown vegetables. Call 732-946-3758 for more information. Download our brochure.
For more information about Harvest Home Festival or any Longstreet Farm event, call Historic Longstreet Farm at 732-946-3758 or the Park System at 732-842-4000, ext. 4312. For people with hearing impairment, the TTY/TDD number is 711.
- Garden State Parkway to Exit 114. Southbound, turn right onto Red Hill Rd; northbound, turn left onto Red Hill Rd. Follow Red Hill Rd. to Everett Rd., turn right (heading west). Follow Everett Rd. to Roberts Rd., turn left. Follow Roberts Rd. to Longstreet Rd., turn right to Park on left.
- State Hwy. 34 to Roberts Rd. (1.75 miles north of Rt. 520). Southbound, turn left; northbound, turn right. Follow Roberts Rd. to Longstreet Rd., turn left. Park is on left.
- State Hwy. 35 to Holmdel/Keyport Rd. Northbound, turn left; southbound, turn right. Follow Holmdel/Keyport Rd. to Crawfords Corner Rd., turn left. Continue to Longstreet Rd., turn right. Park is on right.