Let the discoveries begin when you pick up your free Monmouth County Passport to the Parks! Travel through the Park System and discover activities, facilities and events you never knew existed. From exploring a quiet trail to our cultural heritage, the possibilities are truly endless with your Passport to the Parks!
Here's what to do:
1) Go to one of the following locations and pick up your personal passport (available March 1):
2) Visit different parks and "stamp" your passport with a rubbing of the Park System emblem.
- Materials for the rubbing will be located on a kiosk in the site's main parking lot. Golf pencils are provided but bring a crayon to make a more colorful marking.
- Complete your passport by collecting eight rubbings.
- From March 1-May 31, emblems will be located at the following sites:
- Charleston Springs Golf Course, Millstone
- Deep Cut Gardens, Middletown
- Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel
- Historic Walnford, Upper Freehold
- Hominy Hill Golf Course, Colts Neck
- Howell Park Golf Course, Howell
- Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center, Howell
- Manasquan Reservoir Visitor Center, Howell
- Tatum Park Red Hill Activity Center, Middletown
- Thompson Park, Lincroft
- Turkey Swamp Park, Freehold
3) Bring your completed passports to Thompson Park Visitor Center between May 15-June 15 for a prize.
During your visit, enjoy each site as you please. Passport to the Parks does not require participation in any event, class or trip.