1101 Schoolhouse Road, Wall, NJ 07753
732-922-4080 - Ranger Station
Park Brochure & Map | Tick Advisory
Park opens at 7 a.m. daily, year round.
Closing time is 5:30 p.m. through January 14; 6 p.m. January 15-February 11; and 6:30 p.m. February 12-March 9.
Portions of this site will be open for deer hunting during the 2023/2024 season.
- Three black bears were spotted at Shark River Park on July 7, 2022. Please be observant and do not approach the animals. Report sightings to park rangers at 732-577-8700.
- Visitor Advisory - Visitors are urged not to leave valuables in their cars and to notify Park Rangers of any suspicious activity in parking lots. To reach a Park Ranger, contact the County emergency communications center at 732-577-8700.
Take in some fresh air and the beauty of nature while picnicking in Shark River Park. The Park System's first park, opened in 1961, occupies 992 acres on either side of the Shark River in Neptune and Wall Townships and Tinton Falls. Its waterways, sandy hills, forests and ponds attract anglers and hikers in the summer, and cross country skiers and ice skaters in the winter. Children can enjoy climbing, swinging and sliding on the playground year round.
Area residents can fish for largemouth bass, catfish, sunfish, yellow perch, shiners and black crappie. The Shark River, which flows near the pond, is stocked seasonally with trout. A state fishing license is required for anglers over age 16. There are also facilities for shuffleboard and horseshoes: equipment may be signed out for free at the Shelter Building. Visitors can also enjoy picnic tables and grills available on a first come, first serve basis.
Reservable Group Picnic Areas
Shark River Park features reservable group picnic areas and is a great spot to host a family reunion, an office get together, or a bunch of friends.
Plants and animals common to the wetlands/floodplain community as well as the pine/oak forest habitat can be spotted from these trails. A fitness trail is available. (8.27 miles of trails)
In accordance with New Jersey’s recently amended Smoke Free Air Act, all Monmouth County parks are now tobacco free. The new ban applies to cigarettes, pipes, cigars, e-cigarettes, and vaporize cigarettes, as well as smokeless tobacco such as snuff and chew.
- State Hwy. 18 to Exit 8 (Rt. 33 west to Schoolhouse Rd.) Turn left onto Schoolhouse Rd. Follow to Park.
- Garden State Parkway to exit 100 (Hwy. 33 east). Continue on Hwy. 33 to Schoolhouse Rd. Turn right onto Schoolhouse Rd. Follow to Park.
- State Hwy. 35 to Hwy. 33 west to Schoolhouse Rd. Turn left onto Schoolhouse Rd. Follow to Park.