Rules & Regulations General Summary
The Monmouth County Park System asks Park visitors to observe the following regulations:
- In accordance with New Jersey’s Smoke Free Air Act, all Monmouth County parks are tobacco free. The ban applies to cigarettes, pipes, cigars, e-cigarettes, and vaporize cigarettes, as well as smokeless tobacco such as snuff and chew.
- Leave all flowers, plants, animals and other natural features as they are found.
- Containers for recyclable items and trash are placed near the
entrances of the parks. When on trails, carry out all trash and put
glass, aluminum, and bi-metal cans in the correct containers.
- Possessing or consuming alcoholic beverages is not permitted in any Monmouth County
Park System Park.
- Pets must be on leashes and under control. Each pet owner is
responsible for his/her pet. Pets are not permitted in garden areas, at
historic sites, on beaches, in park buildings, or as posted. Leader dogs
for persons with disabilities ARE permitted in all areas. Dogs are not
permitted to swim at ANY Monmouth County Park System facility.
- Groups of 50 or more need to obtain a group use permit seven
days prior to the date of use. Group use is limited to designated areas.
Adult supervision of children's groups is required.
- Meetings, concerts, or public entertainment may not be held without written permission seven days prior to use.
- Loudspeaker, public address systems, or amplifiers may not be
used without written permission seven days prior to use. Any audio
device, video device, or musical instrument should not be played in such
a manner as to create a nuisance or any two-way radio, communication
device or cellular phone should not create a nuisance.