Hartshorne Woods Park (Claypit Creek section), Middletown
(ages 12 and up, under 18 with adult)
- Monday, June 1 from 9:30-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 10 from 3-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 13 from 9:30-11 a.m.
- Thursday, June 18 from 9:30-11 a.m.
- Monday, June 22 from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Monday, July 6 from 5:30-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 7 from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 20 from 9:30-11 a.m.
- Monday, August 3 from 9:30-11 a.m.
- Monday, August 17 from 9:30-11 a.m.
The Park System is offering drop-in kayak nature tours on the Navesink River. Novice paddlers welcome. All equipment is provided. Both single and tandem kayaks are available for use. First come, first serve. All tours depart on time. The program is limited to only ten participants. Wear appropriate clothing that can get wet.
This cost is $20 per person (cash or check only).
For more information, call 732-787-3033, ext. 2.
Please Note: Please Note: The kayak launch system is off a bulkhead. Participants must be physically fit and able to easily bend down and rotate their body to get in and out of the kayak. Weight limits for kayaks are 250 lbs. for a single and 400 lbs. for a double. Inclement weather will cancel a tour.