1101 Schoolhouse Road, Wall, NJ 07753
(732) 922-4080 - Ranger Station
(732) 922-3868 - Park Shelter Building
Park Brochure & Map
Park opens at 7:00am 365 days a year.
Closing time is 9pm through June 7; 9:30pm June 8-July 17; 9pm July 18-August 15.
Take in some fresh air and the beauty of nature while picnicking in Shark River Park. The Park System's first park, opened in 1961, occupies 946 acres on either side of the Shark River in Neptune and Wall Townships and Tinton Falls. Its waterways, sandy hills, forests and ponds attract anglers and hikers in the summer, and cross country skiers and ice skaters in the winter. Children can enjoy climbing, swinging and sliding on the playground year round.
Area residents can fish for largemouth bass, catfish, sunfish, yellow perch, shiners and black crappie. The Shark River, which flows near the pond, is stocked seasonally with trout. A state fishing license is required for anglers over age 16. There are also facilities for shuffleboard and horseshoes: equipment may be signed out for free at the Shelter Building. Visitors can also enjoy picnic tables and grills available on a first come, first serve basis.
Reservable Group Picnic Areas
Shark River Park features reservable group picnic areas and is a great spot to host a family reunion, an office get together, or a bunch of friends.
Plants and animals common to the wetlands/floodplain community as well as the pine/oak forest habitat can be spotted from these trails. A fitness trail is available. (8.27 miles of trails)
Park Map with Trails (pdf)
Click on map to open as a PDF.
- State Hwy. 18 to Exit 8 (Rt. 33 west to Schoolhouse Rd.) Turn left onto Schoolhouse Rd. Follow to Park.
- Garden State Parkway to exit 100 (Hwy. 33 east). Continue on Hwy. 33 to Schoolhouse Rd. Turn right onto Schoolhouse Rd. Follow to Park.
- State Hwy. 35 to Hwy. 33 west to Schoolhouse Rd. Turn left onto Schoolhouse Rd. Follow to Park.